turn your social media addiction into a career!
• Are you 12-25 years of age and either live, work or study in Darwin?
• Do you make videos, take photos or are always on social media?
• Do you have a unique voice and connections to Darwin communities and its subcultures?
• Are you excited to collaborate with other young Darwinians to share life in the top end?
• Would you like to use your social media skills to become a key connector in the Darwin community?
YES?!? Then we want YOU to join the LAUNCHmedia team for a 12 week project beginning mid January 2017. Participants will extend their skills through a series of workshops focussed around the use of social media for community building and marketing. You will also work independently to create and share content across multiple platforms. The time commitment for participants will be roughly one day per week.
The project will have a strong focus on promoting and covering Youth Week 2017. In recognition of their ongoing social media work team members will receive an “ambassador fee” of $50 per week to cover out-of-pocket expenses.
LAUNCHmedia is an amazing opportunity to get started in the growing area of ‘influencer marketing’, providing a supportive space to test drive a career, improve your employability or build a following for you own online projects.
- Own a smart phone with data allowance (wifi won’t always be available at events)
- Experience across a range of online platforms especially Instagram, Facebook, Youtube & Snapchat
- Ability to get out to cover events and other media opportunities independently (bus, car, bike, skateboard, taxi)
To apply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
• Links to social media accounts/pages you manage
• PLUS either of the following outlining why you would be great for this:
- a one page cover letter OR
- a link to a one minute video
Applications close 5pm Friday 6 January 2017