launchmedia - expressions of interest
TURN YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ADDICTION INTO A CAREER!
• Are you 12-25 years of age and either live, work or study in Darwin?
• Do you actively use social media, make videos or take photos?
• Would you love to promote and cover local youth events online?
• Are you excited to work with other young people to share the good stuff about life in Darwin?
YES?!? Then we want YOU to join the LAUNCHmedia team for a 4 week project beginning Saturday 9 September 2017. Participants will work with Amy Hetherington to extend their skills in using social media for community building and marketing. You will also work independently to create and share content across multiple social media platforms and accounts. Workshops will take place on Saturdays at the (City Library, City of Darwin Civic Centre). The time commitment for participants averages out to around 3 hours per week.
We will be creating two teams - one to cover Pride and another to cover a range of community events such as GeeCon, Darwin International Film Festival, AFL Clinics and Midnight Basketball. To cover out-of-pocket expenses (transport, use of own phone and data) participants will receive $50 for each event they attend and cover on social media.
LAUNCHmedia is an amazing opportunity to develop skills in social media marketing - providing a supportive space to taste test a career, improve your employability or build a following of your own.
• Own a smart phone with data allowance (wifi won’t always be available at events)
• Experience on at least one social platform especially Instagram, Facebook, Youtube or Snapchat
• Ability to get out to cover events and other media opportunities independently (bus, car, bike, skateboard, taxi)
Applications close 5pm Friday 1 September 2017
OR send an email to email@example.com including:
• A paragraph about why you and LAUNCHmedia are a great match
• Links to your social media accounts/pages