MIDNIGHT BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT 5
midnight basketball Darwin is back!
Midnight Basketball is a youth social inclusion program using basketball as a youth engagement tool for at risk youth aged 12-18, during peak times when minimal support services are available.
Friday and Saturday nights are the highest risk period of the week for teenagers, a time when most other services and activities are not available. Midnight Basketball is a fun yet disciplined program combining sport and education to fill this gap.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Midnight Basketball Darwin is currently seeking volunteers for our next tournament which runs on Saturday nights for seven weeks from 14 October 2017. Roles include:
- Bus Logistics - coordinate player drop-offs for Bus Driver
- Bus Supervisor - navigation assistance, monitor player behaviour on the bus
- Catering Helper - coordinate serving of dinner to youth & volunteers
- Coach / Coach Assistant - manage team through all elements of the night
- General Assistant - assist roles as advised by Tournament Night Manager
- Grader - week 1 only, watch all games to assist with team allocation
- Laundry Volunteer - wash player singlets after Tournament night
- Photographer - take player photos throughout night
- Registration Helper - assist with player registrations and confirming that player information is accurate
- Scorer - score games on allocated court
- Scoreboard Operator - operate scoreboard on allocated court
- Workshop Supervisor - supervise workshops & assist Facilitator as required
You can volunteer for just one week, several weeks or for the whole tournament, whatever suits you. For more info contact:
City of Darwin's Youth Engagement Coordinator
08 8930 0635